Sunday, March 21, 2010

Predictably, Unpredictable…

Well, if you have lived in NM for any amount of time you have heard the saying “If you do not like the weather, wait a few moments.”


If spring time in New Mexico is anything it is unpredictable, it changes not only daily but, I have seen it change by the minute (ok maybe 10 minutes) but suddenly. I was very much looking forward to the Spring Equinox Open House and Picnic yesterday and was not too worried about the weather reports, because it is New Mexico and things change fast, so I was hoping it would all just blow by. Imagine how surprised I was to wake up and see a post on Becky R. blog welcoming spring with several inches of new snow and then hearing posts of up to 10 inches of the white stuff in the surrounding communities.

I continued to monitor the emails and was not surprised when I heard that the Open House and Picnic was going to be cancelled and rescheduled, I was a little disappointed but it was good to know early so I could figure out what to do with the rest of my day. It was a little more disappointing to watch the skies clear as the day went on knowing that we would not be gathering at GNTO later under the nice clear skies that developed as dark approached.

I want to thank the GNTO committee for their efforts in preparing for this event and I know they will do just fine in rescheduling it and we will all be able to gather to chat, eat, observe and just have fun soon. I want to thank them for their decision to cancel the event early and to see that the word got out to folks; I know it was not an easy decision but it was the smart decision and we will make it up soon. We are fairly sure there was snow on the ground at GNTO, it may have melted by the time the picnic started but it leaves behind lots of potential problems once it melts so it is better that we are all safe and warm and we will be all the more ready for our the re-scheduled picnic coming soon.

So until next time, observe and enjoy when you can and keep in mind we will have many more opportunities to get together over the remainder of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment